Tag: sports hydration
Getting older and aging are not the same thing.
- Getting older relates to the passage of time.
- Aging relates to the breakdown of tissues in the body.
- The outward signs of aging include wrinkles, sagging, and gray hair.
- Getting older by itself does not cause aging.Aging is the result of damage to bodily tissues by organic acids and by active oxygen (free radicals).
- Organic acids in the body break down tissues, causing aging and age-related diseases.
- Common waste products in the body include acetic acid, carbonic acid, fatty acids, lactic acid,and uric acid.
- Active oxygen (free radicals) causes oxidative damage to molecules within cells of the body.
- Free radicals are associated with a numerous diseases, including cancer, arthritis, atherosclerosis,Alzheimer’s disease, and diabetes.Drinking