Tag: weight loss
Of all the health risks, one of the most serious is obesity. Doctors are now associating obesity with higher rates of chronic medical problems and a much poorer quality of life than is seen with alcohol abuse, smoking and even poverty. In the June 2001 issue of Public Health, an article states that the risk of heart disease, osteoarthritis, diabetes, high blood pressure and certain types of cancer rises with increasing weight gain.
We all know that it is possible to put on weight because we take in more fuel in the form of calories than we need, so the body starts storing it. But there is another type of weight gain caused by toxins present in the body. Toxins are stored in fat cells as a mean of protecting vital organs.… Read the rest
Surprises aren’t always nice. A recent survey showed that a little more than half of all the adults in the US are overweight. Statistics show a surprising 64.2 percent of the population is overweight or obese. Determination of whether someone is overweight id determined by finding a person’s Body Mass Index or BMI.
BMI is a formula that takes a person’s body weight and height and calculates whether they are underweight, a healthy weight or overweight.
A lot of people have no “education” in regards to diet and what is healthy to eat. I know the egg and milk lobbies bombard us with why these products are good for us. But that is just conditioning to sell you products. Is this stuff really good for you?… Read the rest
- Getting older relates to the passage of time.
- Aging relates to the breakdown of tissues in the body.
- The outward signs of aging include wrinkles, sagging, and gray hair.
- Getting older by itself does not cause aging.Aging is the result of damage to bodily tissues by organic acids and by active oxygen (free radicals).
- Organic acids in the body break down tissues, causing aging and age-related diseases.
- Common waste products in the body include acetic acid, carbonic acid, fatty acids, lactic acid,and uric acid.
- Active oxygen (free radicals) causes oxidative damage to molecules within cells of the body.
- Free radicals are associated with a numerous diseases, including cancer, arthritis, atherosclerosis,Alzheimer’s disease, and diabetes.Drinking
It is estimated that one third of all North Americans are overweight…that’s millions of people. Some of them are children, which statistically shows that they will probably grow up to be overweight adults. A lot of overweight adults have high blood pressure.
If the body pH of these overweight people was tested, it would be found to be acidic. They would also be found to be dehydrated. Many health complications can result from being overly acidic and/or dehydrated. This common combination can cause high blood pressure.
A recent study reported in the Annals of Internal Medicine 2001;134:1-11, 72-74, was conducted with 1200 overweight men and women aged 30 to 54. Researchers wanted to see what correlation there was between blood pressure and body weight.… Read the rest